Table cloths tend to be stained because we eat on them. It is quite difficult for you not to have stains on your table cloth especially if you have kids. Even if your household is full of adults, they would still accidentally spill something on your clean Table Cloth. This is the reason why knowing a few substances that can remove stains comes in handy. If you are able to treat the stain immediately, it would be less likely that the stain will set and remain in your table cloth. Here are a few things that come in handy in case of stains.
1. Cornstarch – This is one of the best substance to use when there are oil or fat stains in your table cloth. It absorbs the moisture and you can just brush it off after you let it rest there for about 15 minutes. Although you can’t remove anything with just one treatment, you can repeat the treatment for it to be more effective. To speed this up, you can use a steam iron just be sure that you place a paper towel on both sides of the table cloth so that there would be something that absorbs the oil.
2. Boiling Water – This is great in removing stains that come from different fruits. Just pour it over the affected area and watch how the stin vanishes.
3. Cold Water and soap – These are to be used when removing protein-based stains or those that come from blood or other body fluids as well as those by coffee and tea.
4. The Sun – When you have a tough stain that can’t be removed, try lathering it up with laundry soap then place it under the sun for a few hours. This method works for stains that are caused by perspiration.
5. Hand Sanitizer Or Alcohol – Stains that are caused by an ink can be easily removed with the use of alcohol. If you do not have any alcohol on hand, you can just make use of your hand sanitizer. The alcohol content in it can help remove the ink stain.
6. Lemon juice and salt – When you have an old metal table, there is a great chance that it contains rust. If your table cloth comes in contact with the rust, the rust will stain it and you can remove this by using lemon juice and salt. First place a layer of salt on the stain then add a couple of drops of the lemon juice. Repeat this process until the stain is removed.
7. Salt – The salt can help in case you have a wine spill. It can help absorb the red wine and make your table cloth dry. Instead of staining the table cloth, the salt will be the one that will be stained.
8. Shampoo – Instead of using soap to remove the stains, try washing them using a shampoo. Just place some shampoo over the affected area and lather. You can hand wash using shampoo especially the fabrics that are delicate.
- Hi! Welcome to our site. We provide you some tips about buying your stuff online.